96 lx help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

medic4.life

well i have a 96 lx m/t and i want to give more power to it. Like first i was planning on doin complete engine swap like f22b dohc or h22a but the problem is with the DMV i cant changer computer and such. Like now days i figured out when i took my vehicle to smog they know when im using an different series obd like if not running obd2a i'll fail. Turbo its in my thoughts already just for now i have and intercooler and the charge pipes im not go all out on it just lil by lil ill get parts. Like the f22b2 is ok but man ill like to get it faster. Like i have a spare b2 head sitting in my garage and just dont know what to do with it. Like my goal is to have the engine goin 160ish hp for now then have it ready for boost like 7psi. when heading this route i just lookin 220hp not much cuz itll be a daily driver.

So im askin whats a good easy safe route for 160 as my start?

1.Keep the f22b2 head, install f23a or h23 IM and TB get it port matched(i can get these really really cheap thats why i thought of this) with a stage 2 bisimoto cam.
or
2. G23 swap h23 head on my block.

If you're going to turbo then why worry about hitting a certain horsepower goal before you boost? Just worry about making sure the motor is in good shape (good compression numbers, etc.) and adding any parts that you will need for turbo (block guard, low comp pistons, whatever) rather than trying to reach a certain horsepower goal before you put the turbo on.

like i was thinking the dual head for tunning when gonna boost.
also like some other threads have mentioned if boosting its better to get a bigger IM like from an h23 or f23 w/ TB

If you want the dual cams for tuning purposes, then yeah, that's a decent idea. I've seen a lot of threads on here lately where people want to try and build up a motor from 150ish horsepower to 200ish horsepower, and then boost. That's not a good way to go about it, so I was just making sure that's not what you were meaning.

And yes, a good intake mani and throttle body will help.

Back