96 prelude F22A to H22A swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BB4prelude

I just bought my H22a and was wondering about the wiring harness. can i use the same harness from the F22 for the H22 or no? I was wondering because the header on my F22 is actually for an H series Motor so if that works and if you can swap an H series head onto an F series bottom end wouldnt i be able to use the same wiring harness minus the fact i would have to add in the Vtec wiring to the ECU and what not. Any help would be great to help me figure this out.

and how does one figure that out? I just bought the motor from a buddy in the military and pretty much the only thing i know about it is that its a jdm h22a and i got a super good deal on it with lots of extras to go with it...

hmm ok i guess ill have to figure out what year car that H22 came out of. By the way powerdriver how much for those s2p1 cams?

you can just look at the ecu connector for the computer it came with and know what OBD it is.
OBD2to1ab2.jpg

i need honda prelude automatic 96 vtech computer

I swap my single cam engine for 99 prelude automatic vtech evething work perfect but the vtech doent work because I NEED THE COMPUTER and I looking for a 96 honda prelude automatic vtech but I dont know the number of the do you know which number I know

i need honda prelude automatic 96 vtech computer

can you talk me which computer I need I want to know the number

If you swap a h22a on a 96 prelude f22a the only problem you would have is the connection on ur dizzy it wont match because h22a is (internal coil) and the 96 harness is (external coil) on less u have a obdII h22a jdm.Then if is a obdI engine u would need a p13 ecu. and would need a ecu jumper harness.

Back