96 prelude h22a problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

moemoe

PRELUDE JDM
I got thwe engine on my 96 prelude for some reason the plugs were different my 96 prelude had obd2 wire harness and the jdm engine was obd1. so i bypass all my dizzy wires to were I THINK they go (I had to do alot of research) also i bought a ecu jumper harness so I can plug my p13 ecu to my obd2 wire harness,I acomplished everything but at the end there was a problem . when driving my car i notice that there was hardly any power even if I put the petal to the metal.still car was slow.has anybody had this expierence before ...........or if someone wants to help me on this . I would appreciate it

i have a 96 prelude usdm also, i just bought a jdm h22a and the connectors to the h22a (obd1) are not all the same that plug to the car (obd2) i got the right ecu and the jummper harness but i am not sure how i am going to make the conectors fit together from the motor to the car. they all look to match up except one which is square and the conector is round.. any help would be appreciated...

hey did yous ever get this figured out, I have a 96 basemodel f22a1, im gonna get the jdmh22a, im just wondering how the swap was going, and some of the problems you were having with the 96 model being obd2, thanks, mike

I found how to do the swap did you or if you need help let me know

If you want a swap I recomment to get a h22a4 engine or jdm 97+and up h22's it will fit and snap on

Back