1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

96' si (2.3) to 95' (2.3)

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by dirtylilhonda, Feb 18, 2008.

1. dirtylilhonda

dirtylilhonda New Member

:confused:i have a slight problem. i have put a 95' h23 into my 96' si. i used a jumper harness and swapped to the obd I ecu. i put everything from my 96' motor onto the 95'. not heres the problem. everything seems to be working correctly, as far as i can tell except it will not fire a lick. i've bought a new coil and even swapped a working distibutor from a h22.( i don't have that on anymore, now its back to the original.) i can't get it to fire. i haven't had the car for about 8 months so i don't remember everything but i know i double checked the ground. i jus got it back and i was wondering if anyone could throw me a bone here cause i'm stomped. thanks guys.

2. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

are you getting fuel and spark?

3. dirtylilhonda

dirtylilhonda New Member

its beena long while since i'll looked at it but i think it was getting fuel.. i'm pretty sure it was, atleast to the fuel rail.

4. powerdriverh22

id make sure you are getting spark

5. dirtylilhonda

dirtylilhonda New Member

i know for sure there is NO spark. that is my problem. i can't figure out why it won't fire.

6. powerdriverh22

did the original motor have an internal or external coil? and is the h23 internal coil?

7. dirtylilhonda

dirtylilhonda New Member

its the same motor jus a year older. o.g. was 96 now i have a 95 in it. i jus got the block and head. i used all part from my o.g on the new motor so that i wouldn't have to replace the wiring harness. then swapped to a 95 ecu so that it eleminates the crank angle senor.

8. dirtylilhonda

dirtylilhonda New Member

any help at all? i can't figure it out. am i the only one who has ran into this?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted