96hb want to swap a 99 si motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dok

ok I gat a 96 hb and my freind has 99 si that gat hit in the back so what I was wondering is I know I can use the motor and tranny what one of my ?s is can i use his stock motor mounts the second is can i use his axles and the 3rd is should i just take the wiring till the plugs or should I take the wiring all the way to the ecu then swap all the wiring from the si to the hb

Hey, I did the same swap in my 96HB. You'll need the rear mount from the Si, the other mounts will match up. You'll also need his axles. You can upgrade to the Si brakes, too. For the wiring, get an OBD2a to OBD2b harness and plug in the Si ECU to your wiring with that, it's much easier.

if you keep your stock harness, and just get an obd2a-obd2b jumper you're still gonna have to add vtec solenoid, vtec pressure, and knock sensor wires to your dx/cx harness. its not that complicated.

or if you're lazy you can just get a 96-98 EX harness, and plug it in, and not have to add any wires.

Back