97 Accord Auto->5-speed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dveit

VIP
My dads probably gonna end up handing down his 97 accord ex to me within the next few weeks. He said the transmisison is acting up and will probably have to be replaced within the next 10,000 miles. Its an automatic and im really not down to $1500 for something that I would rather not have. I'm just curious if it would be worth switching it from auto to 5-speed since thats what i want. How much do you guys estimate this swap would cost and the labor involved. All info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

say u would probably need to get besides the transmission the pedal assembly, shift linkage, the shift boot/console,and maybe the 5speed cluster. maybe some wiring for the reverse lights, because on the auto, there should be a silicon piece or something (its white) that when u shift, it engages the reverse lights. or you can just do w/o the reverse lights. im guessing all of that you could probably find for 700 ? give or take a few hundred. dont quote me on that though. plus labor. just go and look around. im guessing it would cost an extra +/- 700 for labor

Back