97' Accord EX (CD5 F22B1 auto)???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cg4619247

I want to change my car to a manuel. Can i use any 5spd from 90-97 accords, does it matter if its from an ob1 or obd2 car; mine being obd2? Which ecu should i use; i cant seem to find a manuel ecu for that engine? and if u know; what all do i need for the conversion. Please help me :confused:

automatic accords and preludes have 2 computers, an ECU and a TCU. you CAN use your "automatic" ecu, as it wont be any differnt than a manual ecu.

you will have to do some wiring for this auto to manual swap to work tho.

#1. making the car think that the shifter is in park
when you removed the auto shifter, u disconnected a big grey plug. snip the black and green/white wires and connect them together.

#2. hooking up the reverse lights
on top of the tranny is a reverse lights switch, it has a yellow and a green/black wire. they need to be connected directly to the wires of the same color on the shifter connector.
#3. neutral safety switch
there was a brown 2-pin connector that went to the old shifter. the easy way to do it is cut the connector off and splice the two thick wires together (solder them!). or if you need to do it the "right" way to pass inspection, follow the diagram below. the "switch on clutch pedal" is the switch that gets pressed when the pedal is put all the way to the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back