1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

97 accord h22 auto swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by 2.2litrebeater, Oct 21, 2008.

1. 2.2litrebeater

2.2litrebeater Junior Member

my cousin has a 97 accord auto and is bent on swapping in an H22 auto w/ lsd. it has to stay obd2 (california emissions) and automatic (his left knee doesnt bend, cant operated a clutch safely)
    is this even possible? im haveing trouble finding info via the search, most threads say to convert to obd1 or use a manual.

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

It's very possible. Use an H22 from a 96-98 Prelude and you should be fine. Hell, you can even retain the Accord's auto transmission if you want (although I'd recommend upgrading to the Prelude's tranny for the gear ratios)...

3. Yurhomieblaze

Yurhomieblaze New Member

good luck keeping it obd-2, i have a f20b in my 97 CL with auto, the only way i can run a auto DOHC vtec ecu was to back date to a jdm obd-1 p13 auto

if you can find a obd-2 auto h22 ecu (non sportshift) jump on it

4. gotboost858

gotboost858 Active Member

Is this engine smog legal? I am trying to swap from f23a to h23a vtec engine in a 1998 accord. He wants to convert to F to H automatic. What mounts do I use for mounts, ecu, harnesses?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted