1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

97 b16a swap

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 1986 mr2, Dec 29, 2016.

1. 1986 mr2

1986 mr2 New Member

I so happen to come across a b16a In a crashed 93 del sol it was hit in the rear. I have a 97 civic with a y7 I know I need the transmission and motor what else do I need to complete the swap going to snatch harness out too. My motors shot in mine and they only want 750 for the motor and tranny and throw in the harness and ecu for free. Has the key so I'm going to throw a battery in it to test it out. Pretty sure it has been posted numerous times but I'm in a hurry.

2. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

welcome to hondaswap, its a straight forward swap that has been covered countless times engine/trans/mounts/axles ecu, bad side your car is obd2 that b16 is obd1 , feel free to search for info yourself before asking but you would need to figure out what you want to do about electronics http://teamsolcal.com/forum/thread-20934.html

1986 mr2 likes this.
  3. 1986 mr2

1986 mr2 New Member

Thanks the info I usually try to search for info my self but I'm trying to get it done asap.

4. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

well thats not the ideal swap for your car, its a older engine than you have and the wrong electronics

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted