97 b18c1 into 96 civic wiring question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drtysohc

This is the first swap that i've attempted, with that being said...i have searched both on this site and honda-tech with no luck. It is probably a stupid question, but is it possible to just use the entire engine harness from the integra, or would it just be easier to go ahead and extend the wires that i need, and add the wiring for VTEC and knock sensor? I'm just worried that I won't be able to get the butterfly's to work on the stock manifold with a harness other than the stock GSR, and the harness that is in the car is pretty hacked up from my old turbo single cam (DSM injectors with resister box, 2 wire iacv, a screwed up VSS plug and so on). Anyways, if it is possible to go ahead and use the GSR harness, i will...but i will have to drive an hour and a half to get the rest of it, since i'm a dumbass and didn't pull the entire thing out of the car :( I just don't want to waste 50 bucks in gas for something useless.

Anyhow, any help that you guys can provide will be appreciated...:)

Thanks,
-Steve

what if i have access to the entire wiring harness from the teg? i'm just worried that the harness that is in the car is too hacked up...and i like everything to be extremely clean.

use your stock harness...goto Welcome to boomslang.com and get the correct jumper harness for your car/ecu combo. than IF additional wiring will be needed (most likely; crank fluctuation, o2, vtec etc. etc.), have those pinout diagrams ready or have it proffesionally done.

i already have a p28 and conversion harness...i just don't want to use the crappy, cut up harness that is in the car :mellow:

my main question is CAN you use the GSR harness, and how hard is it? Otherwise, i'm going to have to track down another stock harness for my car and modify it, because i really don't feel comfortable using the crappy one that is in the car...it has been molested by 4 owners now, and i really just don't like the thought of that ;)

the civics have a one piece harness and tegs have a two piece. which makes it impossible for you to use the teg engine harness. you have to use the one you have and modify it. if you dont want to do that, buy a harness for a civic si (what i did since i suck at wiring!) perfect fit. you only extend like two wires i believe. its more expensive though. you can also get one from another civic just try to get one from a vtec.

ok, my last question has to do with the GSR butterflies...is it possible to make them work? if so, how?

also for what i said about the si harness. i dont know if it works for you. it worked for me cause i did it on a 2000 civic and the engine was also a 2000 gsr so it was all obd2b. your is obd2a so i think your better off getting a ex harness. hope this helps.

Back