'97 Civic CX engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey 97civiccx we aren't ragging on you we just want to honestly help ya. matts96hb is right. 240hp is quite a bit especially for a daily driver. like i mentioned before a b18b1 would be a great DD and could turn out to be a fun lil motor when u aad vtec and or a turbo. just a thought

hey 97civiccx we aren't ragging on you we just want to honestly help ya. matts96hb is right. 240hp is quite a bit especially for a daily driver. like i mentioned before a b18b1 would be a great DD and could turn out to be a fun lil motor when u aad vtec and or a turbo. just a thought
Yea thanks, 240hp is a bit too much for a daily driver so I might just go with 200hp or just under

a 200 hp b series is highly doable non turbo. if u keep the d series u lookin at some serious cash to do 200 hp N/A. and by serious cash i mean more than a turbo.

yeah and dont forget a car w/200whp and 150-160wtq is gonna feel completely different than a car w/200whp and 200+wtq

my jrsc B16 powered 2000 Si is a completely different animal than my gf's B20vtec EK hatch, even tho both cars are otherwise setup almost identically. The powerbands are just completely different- the Si is gutless off the line till about 2500+ then it begins to pull harder and harder all the way to fuel cut, which is nice for the real smooth power delivery. But the hatch is just a nasty spazzy little monster that just wants to spin the tires in damn near every gear till about 3500 then you can feel the power start to drop off. It all depends on the build and targeted powerband, etc etc

Back