1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

97 civic d16 wont start

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by D16tuning, Apr 25, 2010.

1. D16tuning

D16tuning New Member

I have a 97 civic ex with a D16Y8 that I rebuilt the engine, dropped the comp down to 9:1, put a t4 on it, stage II crower cam, bigger valves, skunk 2 proseries intake, etc. and now it wont start. If I take the head off and clean all the fuel thats on the pistons, the engine will start but run really bad and I have no throttle response until about 2 minutes after start up. The engine will only run a few cycles like this and then it wont start untill I take the head back off.Last year I had a nitrous back fire and blew the engine. When that happened it blew the throttle body plate in half and blew all the hoses off the intake manifold. I have checked everything. Is there something that could have happened to a sensor that I'm missing? I put a new tps sensor and also a map sensor on. Could it be the fuel tank presure sensor?

2. 8secHonda

8secHonda New Member

hmm if its flooding ur cylinders wouldnt that be a fuel pressure regulator?? just curious..

3. D16tuning

D16tuning New Member

Thats what I was thinking but I would think that the engine would still start everytime........ Maybe not though.

4. RickParker

RickParker New Member

If its flooded then it wont start.. change and see if it works

5. D16tuning

D16tuning New Member

ok thanks ill try it

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted