97 civic d16 wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D16tuning

I have a 97 civic ex with a D16Y8 that I rebuilt the engine, dropped the comp down to 9:1, put a t4 on it, stage II crower cam, bigger valves, skunk 2 proseries intake, etc. and now it wont start. If I take the head off and clean all the fuel thats on the pistons, the engine will start but run really bad and I have no throttle response until about 2 minutes after start up. The engine will only run a few cycles like this and then it wont start untill I take the head back off.Last year I had a nitrous back fire and blew the engine. When that happened it blew the throttle body plate in half and blew all the hoses off the intake manifold. I have checked everything. Is there something that could have happened to a sensor that I'm missing? I put a new tps sensor and also a map sensor on. Could it be the fuel tank presure sensor?

Thats what I was thinking but I would think that the engine would still start everytime........ Maybe not though.

If its flooded then it wont start.. change and see if it works

Back