1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

97 civic EX ls swap NON-vtec

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by vord0014, Dec 29, 2009.

1. vord0014

vord0014 New Member

I have a 97 civic ex, just pulled the d16 out and planning to install a b18. I have some questions or concerns with doing this. First off I want to do it cheap, and still do it right. I was originally planning on getting a DA integra beater and pulling the motor trans and harness and thought that would eliminate costs on extra parts. Some issues I am aware of and considering how I will deal with are... 1 the DA has somewhat different shift linkage I think and its a cable clutch. 2 obd1/2?? not sure how this affects the swap yet, thought as long as I have the correct harness it wont matter? I know I would need a rear motor mount and also front lower mount. Any advice or suggestions on how to keep this project to a low budget and also do it right would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

also the DA is obviously older..im pretty sure your not allowed to swap in an older motor in your car.

3. SiCivicCoupeF20B

SiCivicCoupeF20B New Member

If are wanting a b series swap the cheap way then you can put an older motor out of a da but it will be hard to find a v-tec motor. You will have to have mounts, linkage, and the right harness and u can use a cable tranny but you have to buy a special mount to mount your slave cylinder on your tranny. I would try to find an si car thats been wrecked our something your model to get the b swap. It might cost a little more but your going to spend some money either way. B series stuff is high but you can find good deals sometimes. But if you could buy a wrecked si everything is there u need. Its frustrating tring to find parts here and there. But if u just drive the car to work I would leave it stock.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted