97 Civic EX TOTAL NUB SORRY

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You should search first and read the swap articles they answer this question.

You are OBD 2a, you should get a OBD 2 motor, that link shows an OBD 1 motor.

And you will need the correct motor mounts the swap articles tell you which ones.

Google is your friend also.

well that is not really true there is no obd2 b16 engines you are going to have to get everything to obd2 i am doing the same thing. i have a 97 civic that i am putting in a b16 in it all i did was get all the stuff from a 96-98 integra. you need to change the intake manafold and you need to get the sensors and stuff let me know if you need help PM me and i can help you. everyone will tell you to get a p28 i got a p72 from a 97 teg. or just get a a b18c and just drop it right in that would be easier but i like to do things the hard way...lol talk to you later.

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Jun 8 2004, 10:50 PM
well that is not really true there is no obd2 b16 engines

The 99-00 Civic SI is a B16 and it is obd2. It just happens to be obd2b, not odb2a like his car is. Off hand I'm not familiar enough with obd2 cars to tell you the differences, but I would assume they would be fairly minor. I'm sure if you search there is likely to be a post pointing out the differences.

So could I buy http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30023 <-- that and use a OBD2 v1 ----> OBD1 harness and have it work?

I have a 97 ex coupe and plan on swapping in the LS motor, GSR tranny, and have a local shop build the internals (PnP, milled, sleeved, new pistons, cams, shafts, rods, and have the valves bored) and then turbo it.

Anyone think thats a good idea? I'm thinking $4000 total?

or am i being too optomisitic?

then what motors will work?

I can't find any OBD2a (ver1) motors?

Back