97 Civic HX- Swap the engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Phade

So far to my 1997 Civic HX i've done alot of appearence mods. Now I would like to possibly swap out the engine. I'm looking for something that can handle being turbo charged later on with no problem. But I would also like for it to have a good amount of power now to start with and for cheap as possible. Im sure questions like this are asked alot I do apologize for the lack of knowledge in this area. Again i'm looking for low price but high power and easy swappability. Any suggestions (and how much would it be to actually have the engine in my car and driving it?)

I didn't mean to piss anyone off....just wanted some help.

Plus I did look at some of the guides etc. I just wanted more information/feedback on what to do. I looked and saw the little guide on what would need to be done for each swap on my 6th gen civic. Ultimately I just wanted feedback and more help on the subject thats all if I did something wrong I apologize. :unsure:

Well the best swap for the money would be the ls or the b16. What kind of a budget are you working with and maybe we can help you out a little better. Also I think this is in the wrong forum, it should be in swaps if im not mistakin.

Sorry if the post is in the wrong forum could a mod please move it?

And i'm kinda working on lower than $1500 preferably, but I could do up to about $4000 (But really don't want to spend that much right now). I was thinking about the b18b or b16a, like you stated basicly. I talked to someone and we looked at the stats of each, he pretty much said both engines are about the same sept the b18b would get off the line quicker. But in the end they'd be tied just about. I'm not sure if this is true but seemed to be. If I were to get either how much would it be to be driving the new engine? I'm not sure what I would need for each and how much it could total. Thanks for the help!

Motors that will fit into your car with little or no modifications are -

D16y6 - 1.6L sohc VTEC - @125hp - @$500
B18a/b - 1.8L dohc - @140hp @$800
B20b/z - 2.0l dohc - @145hp @$800
B18c1 - 1.8L dohc VTEC - @170hp @$3000
B18c5 - 1.8L dohc VTEC - @195hp @$4000
Edit: B16 - 1.6L dohc VTEC - @160hp @$1500 - $3000 forgot about the b16.

That's probably all you care about, hope that helps.

All of those motors are good motors to turbo as well. If you are going to turbo for sure, I'd recomend the B18B or B20b because of the price.

Thanks for the help sohcslammer I really appreciate it :). Now to make a tough decision ;)!

b18a :thumbsup: there frinckn workhorses. and will take the beating and ull stil have $ left over to play with.. ;)

low price, easy swap, lots of potential later-

96-98 b18b1 integra ls/gs/rs/se motor.

anythign else is going to be harder to wire, more expensive, or less potential down the road.

and this has NOTHING to do with building a motor... moving to the swap forum

Back