97 Civic LX Body Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mrh4nky

Yo, I'm new and would like some help, any help would be awesome.

Recently I got into an accident and I have some body work to do on my front bumper (I'll post images as soon as I get a hold of my camera).

I also have to fix the back part of my Civic's right rear body that's right under the taillight. (I'll post images of that soon too)

I'm currently doing all this on my own without having to go to a body shop, I already got the piece I need for the rear of the car from one of those Ecology auto parts places and I'm hoping to find some of the other small parts there too like the bumper reinforcement that got crunched in my little fender bender.

Basically my first question is if it's possible to use stock bumpers from a 99-00 Civic, because I love that stock bumper way more than the bumper on the 96-97 civics?

Also, do type R bumpers exist, like stock ones that would fit a 97 civic front end?

I'd like to keep the car as stock body wise as I can, but I want to add things like fog lights and bumper/fender lips.

My main goal at the end of this all is to make the body of my civic as "Type-R" as I can. Then start in on a new engine. :)

Also, if anyone has any information on some really good places to get parts from in the LA/OC area I'd love to get that information so i can check it out. Doing things inperson has always been my favorite, expecially when it comes to learning more about my hobbies. (Just PM me or Email with info if you don't want to bump this thread with a post, thanks)

Thanks for your time.

H4nky

I will also post images of the work as I go if anyone is interested at all, I mean it's just going to be all stock, but it'll be my first time doing any of this on my own so i think it'll be awesome.

In order to use a 99-00 front bumper you would need to change the whole front clip including the hood, fenders, bumper, and headlights from the same year car.

Back