97 civic lx no dash lights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

While driving home I decided my feet were toasty enough so I hit the button to change it from feet to defrost/feet... and BAM my dash lights go out. Everything still works, just not the dash lights. I get home, track down the fuse for the dash lights and swap it out. No worky. I check all the other fuses as well, no blown fuses

So, what could be my issue?

Recap:
Completely stock 97 LX Civic sedan...
Dash lights go out.
No blown fuses.

This might not be very likely but maybe something came unplugged from the back of the A/C panel. Or maybe the dimmer switch plug is corroded(sp?). I'm pretty sure if thats not hooked up or getting voltage the whole thing won't work.

I'm going to replace the dimmer tomorrow and hope thats all it is. This was supposed to be my beater... I've already replaced a window motor and fixed a broken door. I dont wanna be dumping a fuck load into it.

Pretty sure its the dimmer switch. Today on the way to work I fucked with the dimmer and the lights came on and stayed on for a little bit, then went back off. It worked twice, but no longer does. LOL.

Fucking cars.

Back