1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

97 civic lx no dash lights

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by brian11to1, Nov 17, 2008.

1. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

While driving home I decided my feet were toasty enough so I hit the button to change it from feet to defrost/feet... and BAM my dash lights go out. Everything still works, just not the dash lights. I get home, track down the fuse for the dash lights and swap it out. No worky. I check all the other fuses as well, no blown fuses

So, what could be my issue?

Recap:
    Completely stock 97 LX Civic sedan...
    Dash lights go out.
    No blown fuses.

2. Jared759

Jared759 Well-Known Member VIP

This might not be very likely but maybe something came unplugged from the back of the A/C panel. Or maybe the dimmer switch plug is corroded(sp?). I'm pretty sure if thats not hooked up or getting voltage the whole thing won't work.

3. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

I'm going to replace the dimmer tomorrow and hope thats all it is. This was supposed to be my beater... I've already replaced a window motor and fixed a broken door. I dont wanna be dumping a fuck load into it.

4. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Pretty sure its the dimmer switch. Today on the way to work I fucked with the dimmer and the lights came on and stayed on for a little bit, then went back off. It worked twice, but no longer does. LOL.

Fucking cars.

5. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

There was a broken solder on the dimmer switches board, replaced the switch and they work fine now.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted