97 civic or 02 WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rrlax24

As of right now i own a 97 civic. i recently came into some monay ($7,000:D) and i looking for some opinions. I have two choices....

I could do a b18b swap and turbo the civic

OR

Sell the civic and buy a stock 02 wrx

NOW my reason for posting this here is because i would like some feed back on the b18b swap. is it reliable? fast? any complications? just anything you can tell me that would aid me in making my choice. keep in mind THIS WILL BE MY DD.
The reason i would buy a wrx is mostly because of the boxer engine (i LOVE how they sound) and that its awd(i live in colorado so it will def help in the snow).

WHAT SHOULD I DO??????????????????????

save it and go to college
or
invest in the stock market. 30 years from now, that $7,000 will be worth about $130k.

if it's burning a hole in your pocket, get the wrx. the civic wont do anything but lose value.

well to answer your question i would g with the wrx

Yea, if you insist on using it...... then between those two choices I'd pick the WRX.

Honestly the Passat/A4 is also a good choice. But do your research, I'm not going into too much detail right now. The Passat and A4 are built off the same chassis and basically are the same car, if you do decide to go with the A4, take into account, it has those extra "luxury" features which in turn makes it heavier.

Stay away from th1996 or 1997 2.8L SOHC V6's. They are of the poorest designs if you ever want more power, they are only 12V and the heads flow poorly as well, so even as a stock DD, they don't get very good gas mileage and I would consider them underpowered.

The 98+ 2.8L DOHC 30V v6's are an extreme improvement over the 12V's AND there are a few companies who sell a blower kit for this motor.

Now, the good stuff, both the Passat and the A4 have the option of the 1.8T which has a TON of potential, but stock has only slightly more power then a civic but the car weighs well over 3k lbs,

Wait, I'm done, lol

haha well i thought about the stock market but really i would have no clue where to begin... with that said, the reason im looking at spending this cash on a car is my civic is in horrible shape and wont last through college(ps ive been saving for college my whole life so im ok in that department) so naturally i was just looking at getting some thing i can be proud of aka a wrx. but ill def look into the audi's but aren't they kind of expensive to maintain and fix?????? thanks for the help by the way

haha well i thought about the stock market but really i would have no clue where to begin...

You could even just take $2,000 and stick it in an IRA. Keep doing that every year and you'll be a millionaire by the time you're 60, or have a decent start on a downpayment for a house.

if you are getting ready to go to college, i would sell your civic and the money and buy a 2000 ex coupe or something. your car WILL get messed up at college, or stolen. plus wrx insurance will be spendy.

^^ im just kind of done with civics all together... but im going to school in fort colins, its a pretty laid back town i think ill be ok (i hope). and YES insurance is bit high but i can manage it. I mean the wrx is such a sexxxy car im having a hard time saying no...

^^ im just kind of done with civics all together... but im going to school in fort colins, its a pretty laid back town i think ill be ok (i hope). and YES insurance is bit high but i can manage it. I mean the wrx is such a sexxxy car im having a hard time saying no...
if you think the wrx is sexy, you need to get out more. it's a box on wheels.

^^ not sexy?????? i guess we just different opinions of sexy... but a box on wheels? common were not talkn about a scion xb here

i think you should go with the wrx i have a civic and my boyfriend has a sti and what i wouldnt give to trade lol but seriously save it or do what ever you feel is the best good luck

i just sold my cobb stage II 2002 wrx and bought a used prelude. i loved the wrx BUT it cost a lot more to buy and insure. in the future i will probaby get another awd turbo car, but for now i like having no car payment and paying almost nothing for insurance.

yea im kind of scared to be spending that much on insurance ($250 a month)... its only $80 a month with my civic right now. but i guess if thats what it takes to own a wrx i can handle it.

funny thing, were you located?
i live in a-town (aurora) and haha a getto wrx???? send me some pics

"Celerity, what would you do?"

"Oh me ? Well, I blew my wad on 45 cars, and drove a WRX. I wouldn't suggest either"

Back