97 cx hatch w/99 b16a2 wiring problems...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM_EK9R

all motor
I got pulled over last night and the cop told me my inspection sticker was FRAUDULENT due to the boldness in the bottom numbers and a miss-spelled word on the back of the sticker. so he then scrapes it off if my window with a razor and is holding it as evidence. blah blah now im beat...that inspection was good til 08 and was on the car when i bought it.

my problem is this:
b16a2 motor using the STOCK cx harness.
on the inside end of it, is an obd2-obd1 jumper harness with a p72 obd1 gs-r ecu running the car. I went to 5 different shops for inspection and noone will even touch the car. Ontop of it all, there is a test pipe (no cat). A friend gave me an ecu claiming it was out of his old 2000 civic SI. its a "p2t".... never really heard of it but ok....its like half the size of my p72 and has totally different female connections. i tried to put the stock harness into it, but there is a small connector that has a blank spot (capped with nothing in it) on the p2t ecu and my stock harness has the male plug that should be going into it. now my question is how can I run that p2t ecu to get my car back to obd2? do they make a conversion harness or do I need to buy a 99-00 civic SI engine harness? the only way ill be able to get it into inspection is pretty much convert it back to obd2 and put a cat on it and hope it passes....

the p2t is for the 99-00 civic si, I have 2 of them (ecu's not the car),
Im not sure what you mean by the plugs you should put some pics up.

as far as I knew, all the early obd2 plugs are the same. By early I mean before they switched the ecu's over to the immobilizer, etc. in 01.

post some pics, maybe I can tell what you are talking about.

I figured it out... Boomslang makes an obd2a-obd2b conversion harness so i can run the p2t ecu using the stock cx harness. its already wired for vtec since it was running off of the obd1 jumper harness with a p72 ecu. But there will be issues with the Crank Fluctuation Sensor which will be needed, also a second o2 sensor will need to be wired as well. Im not sure as to what else I will need to do so I dont throw any codes. Im not getting codes from the obd1 p72 so thats a good sign.

You may already have to second o2 sensor in the car, it woul dbe located at the rear of your catylitic converter, and the wires go up by where your shifter is. It may still be there unless you removed it for some reason.

Back