97 del sol swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97delsols

I have a 97 del sol with the sohc engine and im planning to swap it for a b16a2. I was wondering if you could give me a list of all the parts i need to make this an easy swap and were the best place is to get them because this is my first swap.

Are you interested in selling your d15b7

I'm looking for a D15b7, are you intereseted in selling it..

Tony
NJ

97delsols i wont be an ass b/c this is your first swap but search man. that swap has been done a thousand times over. there is very man great write-ups that will tell you step by step, part by part how to do the swap.

i have the d16 engine right now and will probably try to sell it but it is not a vtec motor

Last edited:
b16a2 to 97 del sol, depends on the OBD of the engine if you get it out of the 99-00 civic si, then use your old engine harness or possibly the one off the new engine if its uncut, 99-00 civic si or 94-01 integra axles, integra or 99-00 civic si radiator hoses and a radiator out of the 99-00 civic si or the 94?-97 del sol vtec. integra or any b-series shift linkage, and the ecu, I can't remember if the b7 is vtec and I don't feel like looking, if it's not then you have to wire vtec, check the swap articles for the pinouts, also you have to run the wires for the IAB, (also in swap articles) and possibly convert your IAC (also in swap articles)
if its an eg6 motor (obd1) then you will have to do all of the above except you must use the harness off your old engine, and you have to swap the injectors from your old engine to the new one. like civicsi said, check the articles if you get stumped, and if they don't help, then re-post with a specific question,
Im prolly forgetting something, but nobody's perfect, have fun.

D15b7

I'm looking for a non-vtec D15B7 I have a 93 that starting to get tired... 160K how many miles are on your engine...

That's interesting which engine are you looking to get there are many types of B16....

I haven't decided yet if I just want to boost up my tiring D15B7 or swap and gain some HP but lose some MPG ... I know this is probably blasphemy to many on this board... ;)

Tony
NJ

PS.. I'm getting a book on Honda swaps today from amazon.com.. I heard it may
have some good info for novices like us... ;)

i would go with the ls/vtec thats what i am currently putting in my del sol, it is a great combination for na or turbo. a stock ls/vtec puts out around 35cc more than a stock gsr.it has a great amount of torque for a stock b-series motor, or if you want a all out torquey motor i would suggest the b20 vtec/ crv- vtec swap. this combination puts out more torque stock than a b18c5 ( type-r). but like somone said earlier i would just do some research on the internet, becasue there are tons of things out there that would help out alot.there are actually books out that show you what you need for almost any swap into any honda car that can be very helpful.

Back