97 Ek coupe w/ GSR swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That sensor is called a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) If you need one, it will be kind of hard to find one except from the dealer or buy a new whole TB Or EBAY TPS....YOU DO NEED IT! Mine was broken when i got the motor and all i did was but my Z6 TPS on it and it worked fine....Dont know the difference but the sequence are the same....Im guessing all Intakes are the same crap as long as it has air flow i dont care....Days are never that cold except winter and how cold can it get when its 70 degree's and higher....And if you boosting later better get your bottom end upgraded for that, just because you are doing a upgrade to the top doesnt mean you can run good for long with a stock bottom end....well goodluck

That sensor is called a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) If you need one, it will be kind of hard to find one except from the dealer or buy a new whole TB Or EBAY TPS....YOU DO NEED IT! Mine was broken when i got the motor and all i did was but my Z6 TPS on it and it worked fine....Dont know the difference but the sequence are the same....Im guessing all Intakes are the same crap as long as it has air flow i dont care....Days are never that cold except winter and how cold can it get when its 70 degree's and higher....And if you boosting later better get your bottom end upgraded for that, just because you are doing a upgrade to the top doesnt mean you can run good for long with a stock bottom end....well goodluck

ya i figured it was the TPS, but best check to be sure. thank you. im going to call HMO and have them send me one.. after all thats what their warranty is. The only thing i have to worry about is that i live in Seattle and it rains ALOT here and i dont want to hydrolock my new engine. Boosting, yes, like i said i will be building up the bottom and the top both IF and when my engine ever goes out. no point in doing it right now for me. its winter time and i just wanna get through winter, then start to upgrade.

and to the idiot who poked his head in on my thread and entered in that i have no skill as a "fabricator"... part of my daily job is welding and fabricating hitches. zip it.
why would i want to rice out my clean civic using exhaust pipe from shucks for an intake? it would look like shit and serve NO purpose.

basically your telling me that i should go do that, put a HUGE wing on the back of my car, add a asscan muffler and put on some glowing strobe lights under my car too huh? this isnt *H.I.N. dude. my car is clean not some gerry rigged piece of shit car from mexico with flames on the side of it and mirror tinted windows from walmart.

well idk if they make a hybrid sri,,but if not just cut the cai

the gsr maybe, but the si will not fit right.,,. if i was you instead of buying a high dollar hybrid air intake, i would buy a better intake manifold with a el cheapo air intake,

u guys keep posting, im just gonna keep reading... this is almost the same thing that im gonna do..

this is y i hate forums, its soo addicting, its like 1:31am right now and im still reading

Just letting you know, for that T.P.S you can purchase one here on Ebay. good luck.eBay Store - Honda b16 b16a h22 Throttle bodies body ported head heads:

Back