97 ek w/ JDM GSR swap, Vibrations???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You said these axles came with the swap and were new? If they are included and are not any specific brand name they are probably cheap as can be reman. units from some shithole like VIP Discount Auto.

Actually, i purchased my complete swap from Hmotorsonline, im sure if you referenced them, they are one of the best out there. the axles are BRAND NEW. nothing on the swap was used short of the linkage and the usual swap parts. the a/c bracket, rear tranny bracket, d/s bracket and the axles were all new.

but with the power figures i have planned for the near future, im just going to upgrade to new 280hp axles just to keep me going and you really cant go wrong throwing hasport mounts on n-e-ways

Hmmm. It's just weird that 100% brand new axles are warped yknow...
thats what i said. so i dont know what the hell is going on but im getting really sick of it. once the mounts come in, if that dont solve it, ill throw the avid axles on it, if that doesnt do it, ill have the tranny looked at, other then that.. i dont know what to do

You mentioned it sounded like a chatter from the flywheel, Fromw hat I can tell the only way a lightweight flywheel will chatter is if your using a clutch disk thats not a spring hub design.

Ya. Might as well do the axles anyway since you are going to have them. My LS vibrates at idle but as soon as you rev it up it goes away. And unsprung clutch discs will do that but only at take off, when the clutch is not fully applied. It would not do that while driving so you can rule that out. Wheel bearing perhaps? A bad wheel bearing, if it is bad enough. Can be pretty damn annoying. And it could behave like you described, which wold also explain why the axle(s) were wobbling.

its not the flywheel i already changed that out.. as posted above.

as far as wheel bearings go, its not that. ive checked those and it DID NOT do that before i had the swap done. im just gonna throw axles and mounts on it and see if that does it. im thinking about taking my lowering springs off to to help change axle position.
running at stock high with CRX SI 14's is gonna SUCK, but maybe it will help.

WTB POLISHED GSR BLADES/TWISTIES!!! :D:ph34r::D

its not the flywheel i already changed that out.. as posted above.

as far as wheel bearings go, its not that. ive checked those and it DID NOT do that before i had the swap done. im just gonna throw axles and mounts on it and see if that does it. im thinking about taking my lowering springs off to to help change axle position.
running at stock high with CRX SI 14's is gonna SUCK, but maybe it will help.

WTB POLISHED GSR BLADES/TWISTIES!!! :D:ph34r::D

If you want your car to be light, get some Hx's ;) . Blades are heavy. From previous posts, it seems like you want a nice and light car.

Sweet. Post pictures.

also, i tried Avid Racing Torque mounts.. :eek:OMFG:eek:. i ripped those off faster then i took one bolt out at the beginning of the install... my car was SO bad from vibrations that i thought someone replaced my motor with a jack hammer. TERRIBLE. I really hope the Hasport Motor mounts im getting wont do that :mellow:

WTS Avid Racing Torque Mounts for 92-00 Civic, 94-01 Integra!!! $100! (cheaper then ebay and BRAND NEW 0 Miles!) :D

Maybe your girlfriend left her vibrator under your seat, and it is intermittently coming on? Possible? Yes. Probable? No...

Let me know how those hasport mounts work out for you. I traded my 92 civic Si for a 97 dx hatchback...I've already ripped the stock D16Y7 motor/tranny out and am just ordered a JDM GSR from Hmotorsonline...it should be here tomorrow...I have everything lined up for the swap....I've swapped a B16A into a 96 DX coupe before but it was just a transplant from a wrecked 98 so it was easy...You have any advice for install of the swap since you have the exact same setup? I'm also in the Seattle area.....I will have pictures posted shortly of the swap once it comes in...

Let me know how those hasport mounts work out for you. I traded my 92 civic Si for a 97 dx hatchback...I've already ripped the stock D16Y7 motor/tranny out and am just ordered a JDM GSR from Hmotorsonline...it should be here tomorrow...I have everything lined up for the swap....I've swapped a B16A into a 96 DX coupe before but it was just a transplant from a wrecked 98 so it was easy...You have any advice for install of the swap since you have the exact same setup? I'm also in the Seattle area.....I will have pictures posted shortly of the swap once it comes in...

if you need any help PM me. im interested to see if when you get yours in if it vibrates.
my advice, .. for power and looks, swap the GSR intake manifold off, get a Skunk2 pro series intake manifold and hondata gasket ($234 on ebya) and a Password JDM dry carbon Power Chamber intake ($179) this way you can get rid of all that vacuum BS and get the intake runners up and flowing better. some say the GSR flows better (when ported and smoothed), but the SK2 one looks better IMO.. here, ill post a pic of what mine looks like at the moment..

This was my D16y7 i had in before..
ImageShack - Hosting :: pictures12130jc4.jpg

and it now :D
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0a2c90884e69sk8.jpg

oh and i think im gonna sell my mounts i JUST bought.. too stiff for my taste.

i have Hasport EKSTK mounts Aluminum mill finish
and Avid Racing Torque mounts Aluminum mill finish
would take 500 for the set plus shipping. ( REAL shipping prices not inflated)

Maybe your girlfriend left her vibrator under your seat, and it is intermittently coming on? Possible? Yes. Probable? No...

sorry about that, i read it wrong and was in a bad mood before i had read it.

ignore the -rep man. my bad. ill pass you back some +rep when it will let me.
i shoulda said something first i just thought you were trying to be a dick all of a sudden. sorry again

If you are using oem mounts, or inserts than it shouldnt vibrate. Solid mounts, like the Hasport ones vibrate a lot. A fucked up flywheel will cause vibrations, an unbalanced crankshaft, damaged crank pulley and/or assembly will cause it as well. Poor installation may also play a part in your problems. I doubt its your axles, unless they are severely bent but even then, you would notice is in any gear at just about any speed.
ya... just found out how bad the hasport ones are, have you ever tried inserts?

i was thinking of just buying all new mounts for a 99-00 SI to go into my 97. not sure if it will work, but dam i just dropped 550 on new hasport mounts and avid torque mounts. they look cool thats for sure but OMG do they vibrate horribly with my setup.. would rock for anyone with a race setup though

sorry about that, i read it wrong and was in a bad mood before i had read it.

ignore the -rep man. my bad. ill pass you back some +rep when it will let me.
i shoulda said something first i just thought you were trying to be a dick all of a sudden. sorry again

It's ok, no harm. ;)

Hi, I have a 89 crx dx with a jdm gsr motor and i just recently installed a exedy stage 1 clutch and Act 12.5 lbs flywheel, and remanufactured axels.Already had UR underdrive pulley intake and exhaust. I now have the exact problem you do. I swapped out the axels for brand new ones and it still does it, the shop seems to think it is the flywheel but you said you took yours back out and still does it. I was wondering if you ever figured it out. Please get back to me at cs9001@windstream.net. This vibration is really bugging me. I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Christ dude, create your own fucking thread :ban:

Back