97 F22B2 from a LX swap in 91 accord LX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dafanatic

whats up people. Ive searched this site and others and have seen more responds than any other on this one, but none directly answer my question. As I metioned in my introduction, i own a 91 accord LX. He's the deal either the headgasket is blown or a bad valve. All I know is that cylinder #4 has 60 psi of compression and the others have like 180 and the car skips when its idling. Now I have a friend who has swapped a F23 in for his F22B2 in his 97 LX to have a engine with lower miles for boost. He wants to sell me the old engine and tranny for next to nothing. Will the F22B2 engine and tranny swap in my 91. Both are automatics. Do i need my distributor and wire harness or his. Either way ill have everything from his old engine, tranny, and ecu. Im not looking for power just want my accord to run smooth and for a few more years. Its the family car. I know my car is OBD0 and his is OBD2 does this create a problem all info is greatly appreciated.

does anyone has any info.

i dont want to swap and be stuck. I just helped "they new guy" apparently he didnt use the search button. And I dont mind offering any info I can. I also don't flame noob's. If there is anyone who can help. Let me know pm me, respond or email me bjenks2@yahoo.com Ill probably close the thread if no one respond by the time I get off of work tonight. Thanx N E way.:confused:

The Swap will work with some mods

The motor and trans will bolt up, with no prob and all, only thing is u'll have to swap the harness and ecu, out for the 97 ecu and harness simply so the Vtec will kick, and also because, ur 91 is OBDI and the 97 is OBDII. Other than that, u can do the swap with no probs.

Back