1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

97 GSR in to 93 Del Sol S(non-vtec)

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by bh2285, Jun 19, 2004.

1. bh2285

bh2285 Junior Member

Hi guys i need some help if possible. I got a 97 GSR swap with harness and everything and i have got every thing done its in and ready to go besides the wiring. I was told that since the GSr is OBD2 i will need to convert it due to the fact of my car is a 93 Obd1 as we all know. So i went out and bought a OBD1 p72 GSR ECU and it clips right in. BUt i know that some extra wires have to be added like Vtec wires, IAB Soleniod, EVAP purge Solenoid, and Knock Sensor. Do these sound right? Ok..so ive got this far and knowing that i have to get some pins so that i can add them in to the harness. i get some pin off the chassie GSR harness. i go to extend these wires through the firewall to the ECU and theres wires in the pin places where it says to put them. Do i have to move wires around or what. If any one can help or give me links or anything you can see it is much needed. Thanks for your time in advance.

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

3. bh2285

bh2285 Junior Member

Yes, i read this but theres wires where it says to run the Vtec wires into the plugs.

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

im not 100% sure ... but i think ive heard that all del sols are pre-wired for VTEC

5. bh2285

bh2285 Junior Member

Really...Thats kind of what i was thinkin

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted