97 gsr suspension dilemma

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

havik310s

hey whassup peeps,

new to the site, so still trying to learn how to navigate my way around.

anywayz.... i want a descent suspension set up 4 my teg 97 gsr that isnt hella pricey or too expen$ive, so i will give my thoughts and let me know which is better or worse or recommendations. also which would be better for just street and freeway driving. coilover and strut combo or spring/strut combo.

i was looking at either eibach sportlines or h&r sport or neuspeed sport for springs, or kick the extra and get ground control (is that even worth it??)

struts, since are heard are different to all coil type applications

would it be worth my while to get adjustable struts or is there a solid strut that is coo??? and camber for just the fronts, i saw a few control arms (adjustable) that looked coo, would skunk 2 be the best to go with or omni/ tsudo look roughly the same quality, which would be most recommended....

like i said i want basically the best bang for the bux......

get at me and let me know which is most common for my application. peash..... oh yeah and thanks to all for the input in advance!!

-97 tegger bangin corners.....(soon)

I would go with omnipower full coilovers with the street springs, as well as their adjustable control arms, and don't forget the rear camber kit as well (It's a bolt with a couple of washers). For a springs/shocks combo, for a street vehicle that will not see much if any track time, I'd go with the h&r sport springs and some koni nonadjustable shocks, for the best price value.

Camber kits:
Camber Kit | Kteller Inc - The solution for the Sport Compact Industry.

Coilovers:
Acura/Honda Coilovers | Kteller Inc - The solution for the Sport Compact Industry.

right on... thats sounds good, i got a pretty sweet deal to get some used sportlines for like 100.00

even if they have been used for a couple of years or so, since they are out in frisco, they havent been abused that much, the streets are hella bad...... there isnt much real resistance from street racing out there, or do would you say its better to get new springs period???

i am still hella considering the h&r just cuz most folks in the threads have mentioned it or recommended it.

but koni seems to be the best overall strut...... guess that answers the question, what kind of ride you got suspension/ etc......

whassup with the RIP R6 i gotts an 04'..... i cant seem to keep the front wheel down...... seems as though my throttle is always stuck... -__-

I crashed mine last thanksgiving. I'll get another when I can afford it. You probably have a sprocket set if you can't keep the front end down, lol. My 05 would lift the front tire off all the way through second, but that's about it.

Back