97 GSR suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

Hey guys...

I was wondering if it would be better and cheaper to get Type R suspension set up or just go with a spring and strut combo.. IF i was to get tyre R suspension what would i need to get so that it feels like a type r...Would the combo be a better set up or would i be a down grade from the type r...My stock GSR needs some suspension on it.. I would like it to be tighter ...

Ground Control Coilovers + Koni Yellows = Great handling, stiffer ride.

(Preferred brand) Springs + Koni Yellows = Good handling, better ride.

I have Arospeed :yuck: coilovers and Tokico HP struts that I'm pretty happy with. I want to go with Intrax springs or Ground Control Coilovers though, that would be cool.

should i go with coilovers or just a basic combo.. What basic spring/strut combo would be good.. I want to say away from coilovers i hear they cost alot of money...do coilovers have any problems??? do regular strut/spring combo last longer than coilovers????

By coilovers I mean Coilover conversions, not "true" coilovers. Coilover conversions will run you between 100 and 250, same as a good set of springs. Basically they fit the same way, they're just stiffer and you can adjust the ride height.

For entry-level shocks, I'd say go with Tokico Blues (HP Series), for a higher end shock go with Koni Yellows.

:search: damn it. This topic has been covered 3458430958234095832094850934850983049583058 times. Any suspension advise about an EG (civic) , del Sol, or EK (newer civic) will apply to you. Only diffrence is some of the EK stuff wont fit, but the overall advise is the same.

Back