97 honda accord automatic...turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imprtrcng30

Hey just wondering if anybody has seen an automatic with a turbo and if it would work jsut as well as a stick.....and what the cheapest i could get a full turbo kit for a 97 honda accord would be?thanks

It would work but I don't know how strong the F series AUTO trannies are, I think the H series Auto might be able to take the abuse a little longer.

I'm not sure where you can find an F series kit, but I do know you'd be better off peicing one together.

a boosted auto is great you can launch under full boost if you have slicks and a good trany/tq converter/axles

the tranny is definitly the weak point. the bolt on S/c's that comptech makes destroys honda autos on the v6 accords all the time

I know of 2 nitroused preludes and one turbocharged accord that destroyed their slushboxes within a year.

It'll give you one helluva reason to do the manual conversion...

The Prelude transmission is no better than the Accord one. Hell, with the chronic problems that Prelude auto transmissions have had (not even counting SportShift) I would probably prefer the Accord one.

Back