97 Honda Accord...What To Do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imprtrcng30

Hey i got a 97 Honda Accord lx not to long ago...and i guess u can say im into all the tuning up cars and stuff.......its an automatic which sucks..but i guess i cant be picky if i dont pay for it...but neways i have a mugen cold air intake so far and i was just wanting some advice on what i should do next or what some of u would do....save up and sell the car or keep it and mod it out???if i should keep it please give some suggestions on what i should do next...thanks.

Its really your decision wether you should sell it or not. If I was you I would swap an H22 in there and change over to manual if you want. There are alot lot of people on here with modded accords so lets just hope they find your thread and wish to respond.

I'd sell the car because it is an auto. Accords are very nice cars to drivbe though, so if you wanted to stick with the accord, you could sell that one, and porbably make enough money to buy the same year model with a manual tranny, with some money left over. THen mod that. I'd definitely get an h22.

Don't waste your time on modding that engine, unless you plan to turbo it. Gains from an N/A build will be minimal.

Also, don't sell it "because it's an automatic". You can find yourself an automatic H22 to drop in there, and have it be pretty fast. Just ask tab. :)

Well within the next twon months i was thinkin about gettin a 5 zigen catback system, 4-2-1 headers, and a racing catalytic converter.....think i should go ahead with that.....and ive heard that the h22 engine isnt a very reliable engine for turbo because the cylinder sleaves arent very strong??

h22 wouldn't be reliable with 20 pounds of boost, but it would hold up ok to say 8 psi with no work on the block

the first thing you should do if you want to keep the car is go and switch the car over to manual...
its not that hard, but the parts will add up...

h22 in an accord would be fairly fast, and very fun to drive...

but if you want easy cheap power then try and do a turbo kit using used/junkyard parts...

the parts and everything will add up, but if you're looking at getting all these parts i'm guessing you have some money to throw at it...

Don't bother with the bolt-on parts for that engine. Believe me, I know from experience: The gains will be extremely minimal.

The H22 is just fine for boosting. In fact, the OBD1 H22's are closed deck, and will handle boost BETTER than Honda engines with an open deck design.

ok well lets say i dont have much money right now for the simple fact is im only workin 3 days a week, senior in high school, and cant get a better job till may cause thats when i turn 18.....think i should just experiment with this car then buy a newer car in the long run and then just start all over....cause i love cars and just want to do stuff and make it alittle more powerful.

if you are gonna get another car then just save your money

you will need it... trust me...

or try and pick up a honda that needs work, like a civic with a blown motor, or blown trans... you can get it cheap and then you won't feel bad yanking the stock motor out if its shot already...

My Engine only has 37,000 miles on it so if im ordering 4-2-1 headers, racing cat converter, and catback exhaust and already have cold air intake what other mod would add the most hp besides turbo? and what would be the best to do next?? exterior????

I would just do the basic bolt ons, I/H/E. Like dohcvtec-accord said the gains are going to be minimal and there isn't much else you can do with that motor unless it involves FI.

Back