97 HX Coupe with B18C1 - Power steering??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joemango

My 97 HX has been running great for the last 140k miles with the B18C swap I did 4 years ago (yes I drive a LOT) but I never solved one problem with the swap - Power Steering. The pump from the '00 GSR that came with the swap fit OK once I changed the pulley, but the pump didn't work with the actuator (fluid everywhere - ick). I initially thought the pump was bad and kept swapping out the acura part, when I realized they aren't compatible, even though the hose fitting fits OK. Cost me lots, so I stopped trying.

I recently looked under the hood of a '00 CR-V (my next vehicle, for cargo reasons) which I believe has a B20. The pump looked exactly like the one from my old Civic D-block and I was wondering if anyone knows whether this is a match? I know the 98-01 CR-V is based on the Civic chassis, maybe they used the same power steering system? I have to sell the civic :mad: and want it to be in as good shape as possible so I can get enough $$$ for it. Plus my arms are killing me!

Back