97 integ ls swap to ODB2 GSR Wiring HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kelz07

I just Got a JDM GSR automatic ENGINE to put on my manual LS body. Both the car and engine are OBD2. But the question i have is, people say i need the vtech harness and some people say I dont need the wiring harness. I just need a straight answer cus theres about 4 wires on the engine that my car dosent seem to have. Maybe its because it was a auto engine, or maybe because its JDM. I just need help wiring this engine, and maybe any other helpful tips making this a sucessful swap.

ok u could use the ls wiring harness but you will need to wire in the vtec or you could hook up a vtec button but if you want the straight shot get the vtec harness o yeah did you use your manual ls tranny or are you going to find a manual gsr tranny

Also, not to mention they gave me a A/T computer, which looks like it might even be a ODB1 ECU, confusing yes.

you will need the manual ecu cause the auto ecu will be looking for the tranny to be in park to start

Ok thats what i thought but they sent me the A/T Ecu so i thought it might work, but thanks alot, now just gotta figure more wiring stuff, thanks alot tho

Back