97 prelude sh doing full exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95silverprelude

Hello everyone, I have kind of waited to last moment to check this but, I am doin a full exhaust on my 97 prelude sh, tri-y headers, full 2.5 inch tubing, 20 inch resonator, no cat, and magniflow muffler. I have heard rumors that running different headers messes with the first 02 sensor, is this true? On the other hand I know that running it catless is going to mess with the secondary 02, but I will eventually be getting the ecu chipped. Anyone know the details about this.
Thanks

Last edited:
It just depends on whether the header has provisions for the O2 sensor. On my 97 Integra the header had an O2 bung welded in. I just plugged it in and it works fine.

I still have a cat though. You're right, if you eliminate the cat then you're going to get a CEL for the secondary O2 sensor...

Ok finsished the exhaust last night started it up and the cel light is on, I know why. My ATTS light is on as well, I didnt know the ATTS had anything to do with the o2 sensor or vise versa. I ran into a snag with the placement of the first o2 sensor, (02 sensor bung in header was right behind the crossmember) so I ran in it the second spot where I welded a bung in (after the flex pipe). The secondary o2 I dont have plugged in at the moment. Any ideas on why my ATTS light is on?
Thanks

Back