1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

97 prelude sh doing full exhaust

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by 95silverprelude, Feb 17, 2011.

1. 95silverprelude

95silverprelude New Member

Hello everyone, I have kind of waited to last moment to check this but, I am doin a full exhaust on my 97 prelude sh, tri-y headers, full 2.5 inch tubing, 20 inch resonator, no cat, and magniflow muffler. I have heard rumors that running different headers messes with the first 02 sensor, is this true? On the other hand I know that running it catless is going to mess with the secondary 02, but I will eventually be getting the ecu chipped. Anyone know the details about this.
    Thanks

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

It just depends on whether the header has provisions for the O2 sensor. On my 97 Integra the header had an O2 bung welded in. I just plugged it in and it works fine.

I still have a cat though. You're right, if you eliminate the cat then you're going to get a CEL for the secondary O2 sensor...

3. 95silverprelude

thanks for the reply, thats what I suspected. The header does have an o2 sensor bung, might just have to lengthen the wires.

4. 95silverprelude

Ok finsished the exhaust last night started it up and the cel light is on, I know why. My ATTS light is on as well, I didnt know the ATTS had anything to do with the o2 sensor or vise versa. I ran into a snag with the placement of the first o2 sensor, (02 sensor bung in header was right behind the crossmember) so I ran in it the second spot where I welded a bung in (after the flex pipe). The secondary o2 I dont have plugged in at the moment. Any ideas on why my ATTS light is on?
    Thanks

5. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Hmmm, yeah, no idea on the ATTS stuff man. Sorry...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted