97 Prelude with civic tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Romulus

Hi, I'm new to the HondaSwap forums, and I've been looking round for my problem and haven't found anything really.

A few days ago I bought a 1997 prelude that had a busted automatic tranny. According to the previous owner the tranny was out of a civic, and had been running fine for around 6 years. So after looking at the prices of tranny's I thought it would be easy to switch trannys and get a great car. However I couldn't find anything on what type of tranny it was. Does anyone have a clue as to what it might be out of?

the engine is a H22A4.

I seriously doubt there was a Civic transmission in that car. Go look for another Prelude transmission.

I seriously doubt there was a Civic transmission in that car. Go look for another Prelude transmission.

:werd:

Civic transmissions will NOT bolt up to that engine. It may have been an Accord transmission, but certainly not a Civic one. For a replacement tranny, look for Prelude transmissions (H-series), or Accord transmissions (F-series). Those will bolt up to the H22A4 with no issues...

Quick update, the transmission shop the previous owner took it too was blowing smoke up his ass. it's the original tranny.

Thank you guys for your help.

Back