1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

97 Prelude with civic tranny?

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by Romulus, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Romulus

Romulus New Member

Hi, I'm new to the HondaSwap forums, and I've been looking round for my problem and haven't found anything really.

A few days ago I bought a 1997 prelude that had a busted automatic tranny. According to the previous owner the tranny was out of a civic, and had been running fine for around 6 years. So after looking at the prices of tranny's I thought it would be easy to switch trannys and get a great car. However I couldn't find anything on what type of tranny it was. Does anyone have a clue as to what it might be out of?

the engine is a H22A4.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I seriously doubt there was a Civic transmission in that car. Go look for another Prelude transmission.

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

:werd:

Civic transmissions will NOT bolt up to that engine. It may have been an Accord transmission, but certainly not a Civic one. For a replacement tranny, look for Prelude transmissions (H-series), or Accord transmissions (F-series). Those will bolt up to the H22A4 with no issues...

4. Romulus

Romulus New Member

Quick update, the transmission shop the previous owner took it too was blowing smoke up his ass. it's the original tranny.

Thank you guys for your help.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted