97CX HB B18b Swap or Turbo D16Y7 ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PurpleCX

OK I know the usual first post asking for info and not bringing anything to the table but I am a VW convert :gives:
Anyway I have a 97 CX HB and I live in canada (for the purpose of parts avail and engine/vehicle codes) I have been on the plan of doing a B18b swap this spring and then boosting it or LS vtec swap in the next couple of years. But I have been reading some interesting things about boosting my stock motor a D16Y7. So my question is what do you guys think would be my best plan keeping in mind that this is my daily driver and I am not looking for killer numbers just hoping for a dependable 200HP ballpark. Now if anyone feels the turbo D is the correct route then a little reference material to help me along would be good, I have purchased a few books and downloaded some material to help me with the B18b swap so far, but I have nothing regarding a turbo D set-up. Also keep in mind I can get a low KM B18b for around 1k$ cdn and also my D16Y7 only has 90K km's (approx 40K miles) on it. So any help offerd will be greatly appreciated Thanks In Advance.

Oh a pic of my car :stfunoob:
civic164qd.jpg

civic174ym.jpg

And "a reliable 200HP" is a relative term I don't expect to build a 200HP package and get 100K miles out of it but 25K miles would be a hope.

i love your car....200HP...stick with the d series...8 psi on something like a T28 with a good tune will get you to that.

Quoted post[/post]]
i love your car....200HP...stick with the d series...8 psi on something like a T28 with a good tune will get you to that.

Thanks Man
Well any ideas of a B18b are pretty much gone I am not going to be able to afford it for this winter, I am going to have to paint it in the spring due to the fact that I am doing a Acura 1.6 EL front end conversion on it, and I am not running the stock D16Y7 for another year. So I am going to either do a mini ME swap with a D16Y8 sohc vtec head or find some sort of a turbo set up for it.

turbo the d for the winter pull it and sell it after body work and put a b18 in. homemadeturbo.com is your freind the faq is mostly about boosting a d series.

I am going to have to paint it in the spring due to the fact that I am doing a Acura 1.6 EL
um what conversion are you talking about.....can i see i pic of the other front end...i'm just curious...

btw for 200hp keep the d...just buy pistons and rods...for saftey reasons

Love the Purple CX

What size are the tires and rims. Just bought a purple DX, and am going for the same clean look...it is my Barney Project !

Thanks for the reply

what you can do is drop a d16z6 or d16y8 head on that y7 block....75mm vitara pistons,ls rods,arp rod bolts,cast iron manifold,tial bov&waste gate,410cc rc injectors,walboro 255lhp fuel pump,ls tb.....you can push 250+ whp with stock sleeves.......cus i have a d16z6 ej1 turbo'd im pushing 310whp 245torque...its nasty for my daily driver:D.....GOOD LUCK

piece your turbo kit up put a t25 volvo or saab turbo...with the original down pipe......with the intercooler of that same car you get the turbo from....i have the same set-up just with a d16z6

Back