1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

98 Accord Auto to Manual Conversion Questions

Discussion in 'Accord' started by ceo1, Feb 20, 2011.

1. ceo1

ceo1 New Member

Hello everyone. I know there have been quite a few of these conversion threads. Sorry for another one but I did go back through 20+ pages before deciding to get a few more answers.

First off is there a thread specifically for swapping a 4cyl 98-01 Accord auto transmission to a 98-01 manual transmission? If there is and you can post it, I'm probably done. I'm looking for a parts list at least, a write up would be even better. I have not found a thread for this simple conversion with a detailed write up. Anything similar to these threads would be great:

http://hondaswap.com/accord/2000-accord-v6-standard-what-i-do-i-need-383163/

http://hondaswap.com/accord/tryin-make-my-95-accord-5speed-can-anyone-help-257628/

They are very helpful but they don't fit my specific swap. Most of these threads discuss sourcing other years and other model parts. I am planning to get parts from my specific year and model because I figure I would need the least amount of extra parts.

The second link above says I need the drivers axle and intermediate shaft. Again, if I stick to the same year/model will I also need the axle? Reason being is I plan to buy most the parts before beginning. I would hate to spend on extra parts I don't need.

From the other posts I'm assuming the manual trans will bolt right up. I'm just unsure of what real modifications I will need. Things like welding or drilling holes? Any other tips would be great. Again, please reply toward doing a direct model/year conversion. I don't intend to mix and match parts from Preludes or any other car. Thanks in advance!

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Unfortunately I don't think we have any write-ups or FAQs or even much information at all specifically for the auto-to-manual swap on 98-02 models...

3. hondafreak513

hondafreak513 New Member

Well I don't know accord swaps very well but i am sure you will need 5spd axles and a auto to 5spd conversion mount.. Other than that just the basic stuff Pedals, Clutch lines, master cylinder, slave cylinder.. You will have to alter the nuetral safety switch wires.. And I think you will need to get a 5spd engine harness and ecu..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted