98 accord swap j32 or h22 ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mjozeph2010

hello,
i have a few quick questions first off i drive a 98 honda accord f23a1 , and im looking either to swap it from the f23a1 to a j32 or a h22 , but im not sure which one to go with a 4 cyl turbo or v6 supercharged and second , this would be my first swap that i have done so it would be great to get all the info i would need to perform either of these swaps and how much roughly either of these swaps would cost me to preform , thanks matt

If this is your first swap then go with the H22. It's a drop-in, bolt-up type deal. Much less complicated then the V6 swap...

alright so the h22 is the swap of choice i can see it would be easier for my first swap , alright so now would anybody be able to point me in the right direction as in , sites for buying the motor and trans , at a decent price , and maybe some bolt ons .
thanks matt

I'd recommend www.hmotorsonline.com for the engine. Great company. Lots of members here have used them and always had good things to say...

I have a Type-s. Its rated at 220hp to the crank but if you plan to build it, save the money and buy a regular H22A instead. The S is only bragging rights and nothing really special about it.

imo if you have the cash for the type S, do it. factory p&p higher comp and bigger cams. if you choose to build it later the type S cams and pistons still pull a decent price and would help fund the build. just my .02

hmotors all the way...that is where i got my h22a and runsamazing....just go with the regular jdm h22a, you dont need the type s. but either way with a jdm h22 you have to use your accord fuel rail or get an aftermarket one, as well as the intermediate shaft, the fuel rail at least is because everything is backwards there so the fuel like bolts in on the other side and wont reach, at least that was the problem i was having, and it does notmatter what year you get, as long as you get 96 and newer

Back