98 Accord V6 swap 4 cylinder with standard tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SuperGeeky

Hi all: 98 Honda Accord v6, trashed engine. Tranny works OK but found mega metal shavings on Tranny Plug when ATF fluid changed.

I thought since changing engine, might as well get out from under the Tranny since it's questionable.

Is it possible to downgrade to a four cylinder and switch over to a standard tranny??

Hate to give up power, but I don't want to mess with this tranny down the road....

Thanks,

Supergeeky

lol no sense throwing away a car.

Just get a magnetic drain plug for the tranny and drive it till it blows up.

And then, never buy another v6 automatic from honda again... those tranny's are garbage.

Hi all: 98 Honda Accord v6, trashed engine. Tranny works OK but found mega metal shavings on Tranny Plug when ATF fluid changed.

I thought since changing engine, might as well get out from under the Tranny since it's questionable.

Is it possible to downgrade to a four cylinder and switch over to a standard tranny??

Hate to give up power, but I don't want to mess with this tranny down the road....

Thanks,

Supergeeky

NEVER swap a smaller motor into a v6 chasis. You will have to welled up custom mounts. I say sell the auto for 100 dolla and do a motor and tranny swap. you can choose from a j32 j35 j36 and the hardest j37. the j32 is the best deal really. Interested ask me how.

Back