98 automatic EX conversion to b16a2 manual Q's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98b16a2

I know the simple answer would be to buy a new car, but I'm not lol. So with that being said.

I did find info on a automatic to manual conversion....very little, but I found some. I also found information on a b16a2 into a 98 EX body style civic.

Now, I am getting the two subjects mixed up and I need some clarification if you guys could help.

I originally thought I could buy a conversion harness for the engine, no biggie, however what about the automatic to manual wiring? Would it be easier to just buy the harness out of a 99-00 SI and be done with it, is it that easy? Along the same lines, just pick up the SI computer as well?

I had a couple other questions but right now they aren't coming to mind lol.

Thanks guys!

I recently finished my engine swap plus the auto to manual conversion. Put a type r B16B motor into my 96 hatch.. I used the aoto harness and just added the wires I needed. Had to change a few connectors and lengthen some wires. It worked out ok, but if you can find an SI harness it's a lot simpler.You'll also need to do some rewiring inside also...no big deal, just time. A few hours invested but worth it in the end. Good luck.

Back