1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

98 automatic EX conversion to b16a2 manual Q's

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 98b16a2, Jun 10, 2007.

1. 98b16a2

98b16a2 New Member

I know the simple answer would be to buy a new car, but I'm not lol. So with that being said.

I did find info on a automatic to manual conversion....very little, but I found some. I also found information on a b16a2 into a 98 EX body style civic.

Now, I am getting the two subjects mixed up and I need some clarification if you guys could help.

I originally thought I could buy a conversion harness for the engine, no biggie, however what about the automatic to manual wiring? Would it be easier to just buy the harness out of a 99-00 SI and be done with it, is it that easy? Along the same lines, just pick up the SI computer as well?

I had a couple other questions but right now they aren't coming to mind lol.

Thanks guys!

2. hondavet

hondavet New Member

I recently finished my engine swap plus the auto to manual conversion. Put a type r B16B motor into my 96 hatch.. I used the aoto harness and just added the wires I needed. Had to change a few connectors and lengthen some wires. It worked out ok, but if you can find an SI harness it's a lot simpler.You'll also need to do some rewiring inside also...no big deal, just time. A few hours invested but worth it in the end. Good luck.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted