98 b18b1 into a 90 crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dragntoys

motor is in the car already but---- what is the best way to wire it up the motor is obd2 and the si is obdo so is there a jumper harness or something for this??
what do i need?? car is still on jack stands with no axles in yet ,i still have the 98 integra that the motor came out of but it was an automatic and i switched to a 5 speed would the ecu be diffrent???
chris :huh:

Originally posted by whiteLS@Apr 14 2004, 05:18 PM
wow dude! youve built yourself a clusterfu*k i suggest reading the many tech article on this site articles

specificly this onenon- recomended swaps

ok thats really gonna help the guy, don't worry bro, the best way is to use the harness and ecu from the donor car, just plug her up using all components from the teg such as the dizzy, fuel injectors, 4 wire o2, I can't think of any real big issues your gonna hit, but someone else might...about the manual to stick things, the car will run, but with throw a cel, i know you can convert p28's from auto to stick, so im assuming your ecu would do the same,

wire the car obd-0 along with the motor. us a PR4 from a 90-91 Integra.

all of the vtec head on ls block(LS/VTEC) is in this article:
LS/VTEC article
there is alot of information on this forum. Use the search tool, as many of your questions are probably already answered.

and as for the difficulty level for building a LS/VTEC, Id give it a 6-7 out of 10, with 10 being the hardest motor build you could think of. there is a bit of machine work, with the dowel pins and stuff required for the build.

---- read up you'll learn a lot.

For real just throw an obd0 distributor off like a 90 integ, use that ecu and your rex harness...

Originally posted by itsbigmike@Apr 20 2004, 06:58 PM
For real just throw an obd0 distributor off like a 90 integ, use that ecu and your rex harness...

You need to use the OBD-0 Distributor, ECU, your Si harness.

so there is no diffrence in obd as far as motor is concerned??
for instance if you put an intake dizzy and all electrical off an obd0 1
on an obd2 then it would be obd1

94 b18b1 and 98 b18b1 same block?? just diffrence in dizzy ?? :huh:

Back