98 B18c1 To 93 Cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

odiedogcx

Is this as complicating of a swap as it sounds .. with the OBD issues?

I read the articles and such, but had no clue what it meant.

What exactly would i need?

As it stands, i have a complete 1998 B18C1 engine ... engine, tranny, axles, ecu, mounts, wiring harness, etc.. so what would i need, and what would i need to do to make this work?

Thanks.

BUMP..

From what i've heard today, with the 98 b18c1 .. if i have the ECU and wiring harness from it, i will have little to no wiring .. i just need to plug it all in .. basically drop and bolt in the engine and wire it up . is this correct ?

This is for a 1998 b18c1 into a 93 CX hatchback. Thanks

is it a USDM engine ??? or at least the harness??

if it is then just plug it into the harness plugs on the shock towers... run the extra wires for VTEC and the secondaries from the ECU to the shock towers
you will also need a conversion harness to run the GSR ECU

The engine is USDM, along with the harness and everything else.

But i need a conversion harness if i want to run the gsr? What other option do i have, the P72? I was told to sell the OBD1 ECU, and get a P72, and that i would also need an OBD-1 Dizzy.

I've been hearing WAY too many different things, and all the install instructions i've seen online don't mention if they're OBD1 or OBD2.

Any help will help.

Thanks.

the engine and ECU are OBD-2 your car is OBD-1 .... the ECU will not plug into your car without a conversion harness
your car is not wired for VTEC or the secondaries.... you will need to add wires for these between the ECU and shocktowers
if you use the harness for the GSR you dont need to replace anything on the engine or the harness... it will plug into your cars harness at the shocktowers

Okay guys, this is a stupid question but when everyone referring to a SHOCKTOWERS, what exactly the part everyone is talking about??? please it would help me to understand what everyone trying to say if I see a picture of the SHOCKTOWERS since I am trying to gather information to do my own adding the VTEC WIRE and the other wires to a swap i am doing( 98 JDM GSR motor into a 96 civic cx hb) thanks

All you need for a 96+ gs-r into a 93 cx...is a obd-1 p72(gsr) ecu and plug up everything.

Originally posted by Teambypass@Apr 16 2003, 02:54 PM
Okay guys, this is a stupid question but when everyone referring to a SHOCKTOWERS, what exactly the part everyone is talking about??? please it would help me to understand what everyone trying to say if I see a picture of the SHOCKTOWERS since I am trying to gather information to do my own adding the VTEC WIRE and the other wires to a swap i am doing( 98 JDM GSR motor into a 96 civic cx hb) thanks

you dont have the same plugs ... your harness goes all the way through the firewall to the ECU
please dont cockblock other peoples threads start your own next time :)

Originally posted by gsrcivic206@Apr 22 2003, 09:30 PM
All you need for a 96+ gs-r into a 93 cx...is a obd-1 p72(gsr) ecu and plug up everything.

and what should he do about VTEC and the secondaries????

he needs to add wires
and he will need to lengthen wires

I am also looking to do this same swap into my CX. You dont need special mounts? can you use the Cx shift linkages?
I need a list of EVERYTHING needed to do this swap. EVERYTHING! please help

Back