98 civic b series swap ?s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

greeneggsncivic

i have a 98 civic dx coupe that i want to swap for a b series motor i was able to obtain a b18b1 block i just need help identifying my head it labeled p75-2 what kind of head is it and what year of integra might it have come out of and will it fit my b18b1 block?my next question is about indentifying my transmission thats labeled ysk-1? i tried to get these answers from google but have not got exact answers so anyone who can help me out i really appreciate it and thanks.

Yes....wrong section......hopefully a moderator will transfer it to the correct section.

Transmissions are weird (in their codes) so it can be hard to tell....are you SURE its a hydraulic clutch line transmission??.....for some reason.....I think its cable. There are ways.....put the trans in 3rd gear and put a clutch on....spin it and see how many clutch turns gets you one full wheel turn (this can be done out of the car) and mark down the answer.....do the same for 4th gear and jot down the revolutions.....this can give you a reference.

If its a cable trans......you need to find another one. I believe the right transmssion is Y80 or S80 (according to WIKI)

P75 on the head is B18B.......I "think" the 2 is saying OBD2.....?? You need OBD2 stuff so it plugs into your EK harness.

Last edited:
Back