98 Civic IACV issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jbpnoman

I recently installed a TD04H into my 98 Civic. I wired a harness to swap from OBD2a to OBD1, and the car ran great on a conservative tune...right until my friend accidentally ripped out my IACV wire. We can't find it on the harness, so rather than ripping off the intake mani to search for it, I've pulled the harness and I'm running new wires to the IACV.

Here's the problem I'm running into - I don't know which wire is positive and negative on the IACV 2 wire plug. They came straight out, pins and all. I have thisimage for pinning the ECU, but which wire goes into which position on the IACV plug?

Thanks in advance, and in return I promise dyno sheets once its running right and tuned!

Driving home it was pulsing from an unplugged IACV. After posting, I went outside and started up the car before rewiring the IACV. I spliced wires into the harness, but didn't plug the IACV back in, but now the CEL is on and it isn't pulsing, but it is idling at 1500 cold and warm. When it warms up, it has a rhythmic stutter unless the radiator fan turns on. When the fan turns off, it starts stuttering again. Its not a bad stutter, just a light skip every ~3 seconds.

What the hell is wrong with my shit?

Bump. I've narrowed it down to either the IACV wires, or the IACV itself. Is there an easy way to figure out which one it is? I've wired it up every way I can imagine, and the CEL is staying on. No one in town will tune it until I get the CEL fixed. Any help is appreciated.

Back