98 Civic LX question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allbottledup

has anyone figured out a way to get rid of the exhaust setup on the 96-98 dx and lx motors. I mean the car is right behind the radiator and i think the set up sucks. I also think that the way its set up causes me to keep throwing a CEL for bad o2 sensor even though i replaced it twice. Its been on for over 2 years and im getting sick of it. Please let me know if you experimented with anything. I was thinking maybe you can use the ex exhaust manifold and cat which will put it where every other honda has it.

You can use the EX manifold, but then you can't use the cat if you keep the stock exhaust. To make this work you'll have to flare the entrance to the LX exhaust a little bit because the collector on the EX manifold is larger than the LX's.

If you want to keep the cat and use an EX manifold, you'll have to cut/shorten and reflange your stock exhaust (not that hard) or get an EX exhaust system (pretty cheap too).

ok i got a guy here that will do custom exhaust for me for cheap. So the ex bolts right up? If thats the case Ill use the stock manifold and cat and just get it custom back. thanks guys

Yup, it bolts right up. I'd go with an aftermarket header myself, but that'll work too. Take pictures!

alright i got a free ex manifold right now gotta check the cat to make sure thats still good. Ill let you guys know how it goes.

Back