1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

98 ek

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by henry16, Nov 8, 2011.

1. henry16

henry16 New Member

So i have a 98 civic ex with a b16 i wanna put a b20 but idk if they come in vtec or is it better to just put my b16 head on the b20 block??? HELP PLZ

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

you would have to put your vtec head on
    there was no vtec B20s

3. henry16

henry16 New Member

Thanks =)
    By anychance do u know if after chipping a computer could it reset nd throw of my sensors cuz i have a chipped computer but after i rebuild my engine it started acting up from the map sensor???

4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

You would need to refer to who chipped the ecu and with what program for any troubleshooting on that. You can basically turn on or off anything on a map once it's been chipped so it's impossible for us to say.

5. henry16

henry16 New Member

Ok
    Kool
    Well now my problem is gonna be finding the person because my friend took me but he left to the navy
    Would i be able to take it to someone else nd not have to go to that person???

6. Dj211855

Dj211855 New Member

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, which ecu was chipped p28?

We can't really help you Man. First off, if the ecu was chipped you would have to convert to obd1, so did you convert to obd1?

If you are obd1, you can pull the codes by the service plug and read it and tell us what it is.

A little history about your car would be nice too. Like, when you swap the b16 did you have this issue? or this issue just started recently. Did your car ran ok before? Things like this are important.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted