98 Gs-r in 97 Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GS-R Del Sol

i just dropped a 98 gs-r motor in a 97 del sol, did the mounts, axles brakes all off of gs-r, linkage, all i have to do now is the harness, i have a gs-r harness, and i have my del sol si harness (D16Y8 SOHC VTEC), which harness should i use and what wires do i have to run to the ecu, and do i run 'em from ecu to the engine or just the conector, also should i convert it to obd 1? I have a harness to convert the ecu to OBD 1, or do i need one for a distributor like when doing OBD 0 to OBD 1, thanks

About the obd- it should all be obd2, so there should be no need to convert. about the other questions- sorry but I'm not much help, I do know you have to wire up the v-tec and I believe you use the GS-R's wiring harness. Anyone back me up on this?

Do post pics!

Everything is OBD II, but i guess GS-R had two sensors that del sols and civics didn't, since mine is a v-tec, i don't have to run like two wires, but have to find out which two i have to do. I am a mechanic at a local shop, and had my del sol over two years, but this is my first swap, where i had to put a different engine that didn't come with the car from the factory. thanks for all the help guys

Back