98 honda civic ec coupe d16y8 turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

frank ely

hey was guys i got a huge problems... well here it goes as you already know i got a 98 civic ex with the followings:
d16y8 engine
skunk2 intake manifold
k&n cold air intake
dc heaters sorry for the spelling im tired and lazy lol
aem fuel rail
aem gear cams
shor throw shifter
recing clucth
skunk 2 camber kits
agx kyb shock
skunk 2 coil over
neu speed complete exhaust
and im thinkin about putting a turbo in it this is to be exact ... eBay Motors: 96-00 CIVIC D15 D16 REV SPEED T3/T4 COMPLETE TURBO KIT (item 120128974789 end time Jun-12-07 15:16:42 PDT)

now this is my question how much hp you all think i can get out of this but for the main part how much is it all going to cost (labor for installation or can i do it myself? i have friends that have some knowlege but not a lot, ) and finaly tuning approximely how much is that going for? pls help sorry for the spelling i feel lazy

Too big? I thought T3/T4 was perfect for D's. Yea you should be able to bolt the kit on yourself. It looks completely bolt-on so you shouldn't have to fab anything except an exhaust system I'd buy a high-flow cat and exhaust system to go with it if you don't already have. If you already have that, then it's as simple as reading instructions and bolting everything up but remember you're not using the same header/exhaust manifold so you might have to do a little work with the exhaust and a muffler shop would probably do it for under $100.

Tuning... I would only run a little boost before getting it tuned. You're looking at probably at least $80 per hour for dyno tuning. Since it's a y8, I'd tune for 200-250 whp, 250 to the wheels is what I've heard to be the max in a d16z6 and the y8 is next generation so I'd say maybe a little over 250 whp max not sure I'd go with 220 to be safe :).

Last edited:
yeah to big unless you unless you want to hit full spool at 7000 to 8000 revs that kit that i posted above hit 13psi and 4000 and a DSM 14b hit 7psi at like 3000........you cant just turbo any turbo on any car

i know a guy that has an eg with a t3/t4 turbo. works fine for him. stock internals on his d and hes happy with it.

Back