98 hx coupe obd1 b16 issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicracer

Oh, I do a little here and there.
So, we have a 98 hx coupe with an obd1 b16 swap. Operated by an eprom chipped p28 ecu with a pharable b16 basemap, with xenocron jumper harness. Car starts and idles...but here's the 2 issues.

1. Throwing codes for o2, IAT, and cam position sensor. Replaced dizzy, IAT, and O2 sensors, and still throwing the same codes. All parts replaced are obd1 parts.

2. Car idles fine, until you put your foot on the accelerator then it bogs down.

Note: All vacuum lines are secure, no leaks, we have no idea what's going on. we suspect that the problem is within our base map or chip. Any help is appreciated. I have read every swap article so far.

Last edited:
2) sounds like a byproduct of the o2 sensor. When mine went out, the car ran, but i couldn't even get the car to move as the second i gave it gas it just bogged to nothing.

all your parts are from reputable places, and they 'should' work. can you test another p28 (oem) ecu? it should start the car and not throw any codes if the car is wiring correctly. That would point to the ecu/socket being the problem. Odds are very low that it's the program on the chip causing the issue.

if you get the same codes, it's probably the wireharness. perhaps it's not seated all the way correctly, or there's a short in some connections somewhere.

Well, it dawned on us that we were using y7 injectors so we grabbed some b20z4 injectors from jjunkyard 97 crv and it revs now but we can't drive it because injector number 3 is squirting fuel, just gotta replace orings. It's my friend's car so I'm not sure if it's still throwing codes or not but at least we're not bogging down anymore and we will test drive as soon as the o ring is replaced!

Back