'98 jdm ITR swap questions.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Danno

Hi all,
I'm in the process of swapping from a d15b to an ITR powertrain in my '91 hatch. I have a couple questions. Installing the motor and trans was easy, thanks to the hasport mount and linkage kit.
The car was originally a dx car that has been converted to MPFI. I later converted to obd1. The cars engine harness is still obd0 with an obd1 adapter harness at the distributor. The new motor is obd2 and its harness, being jdm, exits towards the wrong side. I'm wondering what the best solution is. Since the obd0 to obd1 conversion is done at the ecu, can I simply splice the ITR engine harness connectors into my existing ED engine harness, repinning the distributor connector, and combining my vtec and 4 wire o2 subharness into it? I know I'll have to add the wire for the knock sensor. What should I do about the alternator. I'd like to keep the ITR alternator. I should be able to just add the obd2 alt connector to the harness in place of the obd0 alt connector. I'm going to run the ITR injectors and get rid of the resistor box as well.

I know the best solution would be to send both harnesses to rywire (or similar) but the turn around time and shipping to and from Canada takes forever. I'm dying to drive my car again. Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer.

Back