98 Prelude Ecu Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2WYLD4U

:blink: I have a 98 prelude. It is currently running with a 94 civic ECU.
Which isn't great. I received a 00 prelude ECU yesterday. When I
hook it up my car will not start.

The # on the 00 Ecu is 37820-p5p-l04-097-302948. If anyone knows how I could get it to work or if it is possible please let me know

THanks Melissa

I see two potential problems here.

#1 98+ Prelude ECU's have a factory immobilizer on them.
#2 I don't think you have a Prelude ECU. Somewhere on the ECU number should be "P13" if it's truly a Prelude ECU.

Originally posted by 2WYLD4U@Apr 18 2003, 12:01 PM
:blink: I have a 98 prelude. It is currently running with a 94 civic ECU.
Which isn't great. I received a 00 prelude ECU yesterday. When I
hook it up my car will not start.

The # on the 00 Ecu is 37820-p5p-l04-097-302948. If anyone knows how I could get it to work or if it is possible please let me know

THanks Melissa

Melissa,

Yes, the P5P is a 00 Prelude 2.2l DOHC VTEC ECU, so you have the right one.. BUT...........

The 00-01 Prelude had the immobilizer installed in it, this is why your car will not start. You will need to get this removed, or have your P28 modified for H22 specs.

PM me if you need more info.

iran into a similar problem in my 97 hatch. the pre lude ecm has a key immobilier in it. it wont work unless you get the ignition switchand key out of the same car you got your ecm. everything else SHOULD work. i vebeen told you can't remove the immobilzer unit, but i could be wrong, and you can't duplicate it because it is a fluctuating signal sent by the immobilizer unit, i've tried. you could go obdI andget rid of your 2ndary o2 sensor, but you would have to buy an adapter. what happed to your ecm out of your 98 prelude? :blink:

All motor monster, I also got an H22a7 on my crx, and have this same problem, my car isn't starting... its been more than 8 month and nothing till now, i've tried everyway... doctronix asked for pictures of the ecu, when I sent them pics they stopped replying... anyone here is an agent for them or something...?! i need urgent help please... :(

Back