98 prelude someone help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Black_knight

I recently brought an 98 honda prelude from an old guy, with 60 thousand miles... on it. how much does the engines run, like how much could i sell it for. i know it comes with an v tec si something or sh model dont know for sure

You want to take the engine out and sell it separately? Or you want to just re-sell the whole car? If you just want to sell the car then look up the value, it's not hard.

Go here: New Car Prices | Used Car Values - Official Kelley Blue Book Site

If you're talking about pulling the engine and selling it separately...well, honestly, I think that's a dumb idea. What are you going to do with the chassis afterwards? You'll have a useless, motor-less car sitting around. I'd just sell the whole thing.

Did you get a really good deal on this car or what? I don't understand why you'd buy it just to turn around and sell it again...

You want to take the engine out and sell it separately? Or you want to just re-sell the whole car? If you just want to sell the car then look up the value, it's not hard.

Go here: New Car Prices | Used Car Values - Official Kelley Blue Book Site

If you're talking about pulling the engine and selling it separately...well, honestly, I think that's a dumb idea. What are you going to do with the chassis afterwards? You'll have a useless, motor-less car sitting around. I'd just sell the whole thing.

Did you get a really good deal on this car or what? I don't understand why you'd buy it just to turn around and sell it again...

i brought the car for 900 bucks

Well that's a hell of a good deal. The bottom line is you're going to make more money just selling the entire car. If it's in as good of shape as you say it is, then you can probably get at least $5,000 for it.

I'm not for sure on the pricing though, so don't quote me on that. Like I said, go to KBB and look it up.

Alright, I was just reading your other thread. If this car's an automatic then your friend isn't going to be putting it into his Integra. No one ever does automatic Prelude swaps into Civics or Integras. The only way it will work is if he sources a manual Prelude tranny separately, or buys a hella expensive adapter plate to bolt up the motor to his B-series transmission. Unfortunately the Prelude's motor won't bolt up to the Integra transmission, so the only options are to use the Prelude tranny, or buy the adapter plate that I mentioned, and that will cost at least $1,000.

I think your best bet is to just sell the whole car and look for something else to work on...

Nothing's wrong with it. It just seemed like you weren't happy with it and were wanting to sell the engine and make a quick buck. If you like the car then keep it. Just FYI though, Honda automatic trannys are notoriously weak. If you're planning on a turbo or other extensive engine mods, then you might want to swap to a manual.

Back