1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

98+ spec B16B into a 98 civic ex

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by redekcoupe98, Jun 24, 2008.

1. redekcoupe98

redekcoupe98 New Member

How difficult would it be to swap a 98 civic type r (B16B) into a 1998 honda civic Ex (originally D16Y8)?? just wondering because i love my car and its having problems and i would rather drop a better engine in than get another stock engine....money is not necessarily a problem...thanks:ph34r:

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

It would be pretty much a "drop in bolt up plug in" type of swap, not very difficult at all. You might have to extend or shorten a few wires here or there. Do some research on B-series swaps into the EK chassis to find out the specifics...

3. 97HondaCivicRacer

97HondaCivicRacer New Member

97 civic W/ 97 B18b1 motor HARNESS HELP?

Hey Im new to this posting thing and I dont know how to use it very well and Ive seen you on many forums. Anyways I had some questions on my car. Here is my situation---I have a 97 honda civic and I just dropped in a 97 b18b1 motor and I need to know what to do with the harness stuff. (the civic harnnes was cut and destoryed by the previous owner) so all I have is the integra harness on the motor.

I might not be able to veiw this again due to my lack of knowledge on this site dont have much time to sit on the computer

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  4. Bkkfarang

Bkkfarang New Member

Please start your own thread ,

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted